November 07, 2008

In the Bag: Bare Escentuals



BARE ESCENTUALS bareMinerals Get Started Kit
BAREMINERALS Get Started Kit in Light
Contains: two 0.06 oz shades of bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation in Light and Golden Medium, a 0.06 size of All Over Face Color in Warmth, and a paraben-free 0.06 oz Mineral Veil. Also included is a Full Flawless Face Brush, a Flawless Application Brush, a Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush, a How-to DVD, and a bonus 0.05 oz Prime Time Foundation Primer

That's the Sephora-exclusive kit. I bought mine back in February , and my Light kit has Fairly Light Foundation instead of Golden Medium, a Kabuki brush instead of the Flawless Application Brush, and bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper instead of the Foundation Primer.

I don't think I wear a lot of make-up, but I really like bareMinerals.
I used to use a liquid foundation by Clinique, but got an oily-looking forehead by the end of the day. It felt a bit heavy, especially in comparison to mineral make-up, which feels like nothing.

I like:
- the lightweight feel
- the good coverage and long-lasting effects
- the ease of application, especially with the Kabuki brush
- the ability to take on a carry-on in an airplane, since there are no liquids
- the small amount that I need to use - I only recently had to replace the 0.06oz trial jar with the regular 0.3oz jar; very good value!
- the Mineral Veil. it is like magic. a little sweep, a lot of set.

I don't like:
- the mess of the loose powder

I have normal/combination skin, and do not have any difficulty using the product. I have seen some people with dry skin put a lot on and have it look creased, but have heard from others that it is actually very good for their dry skin and helps make it less dry.
Personally I have recommended Bare Escentuals bareMinerals to friends, and recommend it to you too!

* image from sephora.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...